Before the Hopewell Network will consider any potential church planters, the potential church planter must:
- Process his call with his pastor.
- Receive the blessing from the sponsoring church.
- Be prepared to wait for God’s timing; we recommend being part of a Hopewell Network Church for a year before planting a church.
Before giving approval for a Hopewell Network-sponsored church plant, we will expect that a church planter will successfully complete the following:
- Complete the Hopewell Network Pastoral Screening Process.
- Complete a church planter assessment behavior interview and personal review of assessment.
- Take the Introduction to Church Planting class or other training offered by the Network. As part of the church planting course and coaching, the proposed church planter will:
- Become familiar with our history, values, and vision.
- Outline his vision and values for the new church based on the spiritual stream of our network.
- Communicate and network with other area churches.
- Develop a written plan of action or strategy for the new church.
Before receiving any financial support, the proposed church planter will:
- Develop a support system (prayer, coaching, team finances).
- Have a sponsoring church or churches.
- Have a financial plan based on Hopewell Network Policy.
All Hopewell Network church planters will:
- Agree to build upon the Hopewell Network vision and values.
- Be committed to Hopewell Network pastoral relationships.
- Agree to use the Hopewell Network Bylaws as a model for church government.